WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Some cookies collect information about browsing and purchasing behavior when you access our website(s) via the same computer or device. This includes information about pages viewed, products purchased and your journey around a website. All data passed by cookies is anonymous and will never contain individual detail such as your name, address, telephone number or payment information but may contain our customer reference number that is unique to you. For more detailed information about how cookies work, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Ever-Evolving or on our behalf, and are necessary to enable you to make purchases on our websites;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who publish web banner advertisements for us.
- For functional purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions, site navigation and preferences.
- For marketing and advertising, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates through digital channels and social media.
- To enable us to collect information about your browsing and shopping behaviour, helping us to improve your shopping experience and to monitor performance.
- To enable us to meet our contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
Ever-Evolving work with partners who serve advertisements or present online offers on our behalf. Most of these marketing partners use both session and persistent cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. All data collected by third party cookies is anonymous and will never contain your name, address, telephone number, email address or payment details.
Session cookies are deleted after each visit to our site. For example, when you are browsing our site, it will remember you for the duration of your visit, but the cookie will be removed from your computer as soon as you close down your internet browser. Session cookies allow you to add an item to the basket and then move through the checkout. Disallowing these cookies via your web browser will mean you are unable to place an order on this site.
Persistent cookies remember you for a set period of time, allowing wishlist and/or previously viewed products to be displayed the next time you visit our site and whether you were logged into your account.Most web browsers will provide the option to turn off or disallow cookies. How you do this depends on the web browser you are using. Instructions for disallowing cookies can usually be found in the browser's 'Help' menu. Note that in common with most other transactional websites, if you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our websites but refusing the cookies we have used via your web browser will mean that you are unable to make a transactional purchase on our website. You may also find that the functionality of many other websites and services will be affected. Cookies can be deleted using your web browser. However, unless they are disallowed they will be re-applied the next time you visit a website.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular desktop browsers are set out here (these may vary depending on operating system and browser version) [link] :
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “Tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “Privacy” tab
- Select “Advanced”
- Choose the appropriate settings
For Google Chrome:
- Choose “Settings” and click on “Advanced”
- Under "Privacy and Security" click “Content Settings”
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Block all cookies”
For Mozilla firefox:
- Click on the menu icon then select “Options”
- Click on the icon “Privacy & Security”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu icon and select “Settings”
- Click on “Privacy & Security”
- Choose the appropriate settings